Working with your Repeat Customer Insights export inside of Excel or Google Sheets is easy because all of the segmentation data is included.
Getting your data export
You can use the Export section in the main section of the app to export your analyzed customer data and the reports. It's also linked to from the main menu.
Notes on the data.
There are multiple customers lists included in the export.
- customer-list.csv includes all of your store's customers.
- customer-list-grade-A.csv includes all of your A-graded customers. There are additional files for each other grade.
- customer-list-by-segment[...].csv includes customers who belong to the specific, named automatic segment.
Each file has the same format as the main
customer-list.csv. They are provided to make it easy to grab a specific segment without having to use Excel to filter them yourself.
- LTV as cents is the total spent, in cents.e.g. 1000 is $10.00
- LTV as decimal is the total spent as a two-digit decimal. e.g. 10.00 is $10.00
- Orders count is the number of orders.
- Recent order at is the date of the last order.
- Grade is what you see in the web UI, from A-F (excluding E).
- Recency score, Frequency score, Monetary score are the components of the RFM analysis. 5 means the top 20% of your customers for the score, 4 means the next 20%, etc.
- Rfm is the combination of the Recency, Frequency, and Monetary scores with a range from 555 (best) to 111 (worst).
- Cohort is their customer cohort based on when they first ordered.
- Lifetime is the number of days in this customer's lifetime, from their first order to their last order.
- Segments are the Automatic Customer Segments they belong to.
Customer Purchase Latency report
There can be multiple exports for your Customer Purchase Latency report, one per period enabled on your account.
- Top row are the labels
- Each row afterwards is for the next segment of customers by order number, e.g. 2 includes customers with at least 2 orders
- Number of orders is the number of customers who have placed this many orders
- Latency is the average number of days since the last order before this order
Customer Cohort report
There are a few exports from the Customer Cohort report:
- the number of customers in each cohort and month,
- the percentage of customers in each cohort who bought per month,
- the cumulative number of customers in each cohort,
- the cumulative percentage of customers in each cohort.
They'll look similar to the actual reports in the app.
- Top row are the labels
- Each row afterwards is another cohort
- First column is the cohort name
- Second column is the total for the entire cohort (either the number of customers or 100% depending on which report)
- Each additional column is the next month in that cohort's history
Just contact me if you have any other questions on the data.
Learn what your customers are actually doing instead of just guessing
One of the best ways to build a sustainable business starts by getting your customers to come back. Mastering that simple process can be difficult, but builds a lifelong business.
Repeat Customer Insights can help you understand your customer's behavior. With its collection of behavior reports, you can see what they're actually doing instead of guessing and having your efforts fall flat.