Awhile back a Shopify store using Repeat Customer Insights asked me for advice about where to start with the analyses.
I wrote them back a few ideas to get them started and planned to come back around to the question in more depth for you.
I kept putting it off though because there are so many different places to start. It all depends on what you're trying to do with your store and what problem you're tackling right now.
That's when I realized that I already had a ton of advice... inside the app itself in the Guidance section.
I've included that list below of the common situations stores find themselves in. This is for if you're stuck in the middle of one and didn't realize my app could help. The solutions to each require the app so they won't make sense here, but you can go to the Guidance section inside the app to see the details.
"I want to...
- ... compare how different sales channels perform"
- ... see how the store is doing this year"
- ... see how my store performed last week"
- ... find my best customers and how much they are ordering and spending"
- ... find the most loyal customers"
- ... find the defected customers who have spent a lot of money"
- ... find the customers who spend more than average per order"
- ... know how I should schedule my marketing and email campaigns"
- ... know where to focus my time"
- ... compare customers who purchased this month against other months"
- ... see how a date-based promotion performed across different customer segments"
- ... see which products lead to the most valuable customers"
- ... see which variants lead to the most valuable customers"
- ... get a copy of the data to run my own analysis in Excel or Google Sheets"
Measure which customers you're retaining and which you're losing
In order to keep your best customers, you need visibility into what's going on with them. Repeat Customer Insights will help you track down where you're losing customers and how to better target new ones.