Email marketing is one of the top drivers of repeat purchases but many stores send out emails that miss the mark. Here's a quick checklist you can run through while creating each email.
- Included content that increases the reader's trust
- Included content that is educational or entertaining
- Included a call to action
- Call to action matches the ideal next behavior in the reader's lifecycle
- Included the ability to reply directly to the email
- Copy is customer-focused and not store-focused (uses "you")
Some are easier that others but combined they give your emails the best chance of success at converting repeat customers.
If you're not sure what kind of content would work best, the Automatic Segments in Repeat Customer Insights includes advice on what messages to use (and not use) as well as campaign ideas.